Work for KB Event
Jobs & Vacancies
Join our team at KB Event as an HGV Technician working in our purpose built facility in Pinxton, Nottingamshire. As an integral part of our operations, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and servicing our fleet of high-tech, heavy goods vehicles ensuring their reliability and safety for our prestigious clients’ events.
With a focus on ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our vehicles, you will be responsible for conducting routine inspections, diagnosing mechanical issues, and performing necessary repairs while working closely with the Fleet & Workshop Manager.
If you possess a qualification (BTEC or C&G in heavy goods maintenance) and have a proven track record in HGV maintenance, possess strong problem-solving skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply and contribute to the success of KB Event’s transportation operations.
Job Title: HGV Technician
Reports to: Fleet & Workshop Manager
Location: KB Event, Pinxton
Based primarily at Pinxton, the postholder will be working on a high tech, modern fleet and will be responsible for undertaking maintenance and repair work in all eventualities – include planned preventative maintenance, repairs, accidents, and safety checks. Our state-of-the-art fleet service a wide range of clients but specialise in the music and events industry. This is a critical role as the post holder will be dedicated to ensuring that all engineering work is carried out safely, efficiently and to the highest standard. They will work very closely with the Fleet & Workshop Manager (who is also an experienced and qualified HGV technician) to provide support in all areas of maintaining our prestigious fleet including administration, paperwork and documentation.
- To ensure that the right equipment, units, trucks and trailers are always available and in safe and reliable working order for use by the Operations Department.
- To undertake mechanical and electrical engineering work on HGVs to the highest quality whilst maintaining exceptional levels of personal and workshop health & safety
- To ensure that the workshop is a safe working environment and to be a proactive advocate across the organisation for Health & Safety best practice
- To support in the rolling programme of planned maintenance to ensure that vehicles and equipment are serviced routinely in line with current regulations
- To demonstrate personal pride in all work undertaken, in order to maintain the exemplary standards of the fleet and brand
- To create and maintain all relevant records in relation to vehicle maintenance, repair, other engineering activity as well as all health and safety and procedural paperwork
- To maintain own professional development in terms of industry standards and safety practices
- To be proactive in the identification and implementation of efficiency savings or continuous improvement practices within the workshop
- Fully qualified HGV technician (City & Guilds / BTEC in Heavy Goods Maintenance or equivalent)
- Proven extensive experience of hands-on maintenance and engineering on HGVs, PSVs or other similar sized vehicles – ideally obtained within a main dealer environment
- IRTEC accreditation would be advantageous, but training will be provided to achieve this for the right candidate
- Must hold a Class 1 licence and Driver CPC qualification
- A professional approach is paramount, as is with a strong work ethic and a focus on delivering a high-quality service, as this role is responsible for ensuring vehicle and health and safety standards
- Proven experience of a can-do, positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to problem solve is essential as the role requires someone who can work at pace and use their initiative
- Strong and up to date knowledge of driver compliance rules and regulations
- An ability and desire to undertake detailed and accurate work – both practical and administrative – with a good level of spoken and written English due to the interdepartmental communication that is critical to this role
- The core working hours of this role are Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 6.00pm, however a flexible approach will be required
- Own tools would be advantageous
Along with all employees in the business, the postholder will:
- Work within given Health and Safety guidelines and proactively act in a way that reinforces a culture of safety across the organisation
- Ensure that they are compliant with the organisation’s policy on Equal Opportunities and behave in a way that supports and reflects an inclusive culture in the business
- Undertake any other suitable and appropriate task requested of them by management in relation to their role or which supports the achievement of wider team and organisational objectives
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£43,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nottingham: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Qualifications (BTEC / C&G /) in heavy goods maintenance (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 11/08/2023
Expected start date: 29/08/2023
If you would like to be considered for the HGV Technician within KB Event, please send your CV, with details of your salary expectation and confirmation that you can commute to our location at Pinxton, to our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of its on-going commitment to service, KB Event is always looking for competent and professional drivers of all classes to join its team.
Experience in the industry is not essential as full background and “on the job” training will be given by one of our H.O.D’s. International driving experience would be an advantage.
If you would like to be considered for a driving position within KB Event, please send your CV together with a copy of your driver’s licence to our HR team at: email@example.com